Genomic cosmetics

One skin, one treatment

The human Genome Project

The human genome is present in every cell in our body and defines our features; from our hair color to the way our body functions.

For years, science has tried to decode the 3 billion letters that make up the human genome. The Human Genome Project achieved this goal in 2003 when the genome map was completed.

One of the most amazing discoveries was that people are 99.9% genetically identical. Only the remaining 0.1% determines our appearance, our risk of illness and our body’s reaction to drugs.

The Book of Of Life: DNA

DNA is often described as the instruction book for the human body, since it contains the genetic information for growth and cell function.

It is grouped into 23 pairs of chromosomes, half coming from the mother and half from the father. Two of these chromosomes, X and Y, determine a person’s sex.

Each chromosome is composed of more than 25,000 genes, which are information units that determine hair color, skin type, the number of white blood cells and so on.

DNA is represented by 4 letters corresponding to each of its nucleotides: Adenine (A), thymine (T), cytosine and guanine (G).

Alterations to these “letters,” known as SNPs (single nucleotide polymorphism), are produced along the genome.

These changes affect our body directly, making it stronger or weaker. For example, an alteration in the gene responsible for producing collagen may cause us to have a greater or lesser amount of collagen than usual and, therefore, we are more or less likely to have wrinkles.

Genetic Analyses

Due to genetic research, it is possible to “read” a person’s genome, identify the presence of alterations, assess their effects on the body and design a custom treatment according to the genetic map, thus making it much more effective.

One.gen/0.1 genetic analysis evaluates the genetic variations related to cellular longevity, tissue architecture, pigmentation, wrinkles, cellular detoxification, cutaneous intolerance and BMI increases. Current and future problems/deficiencies are also diagnosed in order to create an appropriate formula.

Personalised Genomic Cosmetics

One.gen/0.1 has brought genetic research to the world of cosmetics. Through analysis of the genome, each person’s genetic variations are identified, the effects they have on the skin can be determined, and a specific cosmetic product can be proposed.

1. DNA Analysis

DNA is studied through a unique system (genotyping array) and the genetic map of the person is drawn. The one.gen/0.1 cutaneous DNA test analyzes 105 genetic variables and is currently the most comprehensive cutaneous genetic test in the world.

2. Analysis of the circumstances

Despite the importance of genetics, lifestyle also influences how our body reacts. Circumstance analysis detects the variables that will directly affect how genes are expressed.

3. Assessment

The information that is gathered is processed by means of advanced technology (bioinformatic algorithm), the most appropriate assets are selected, and a personalized cosmetic formula is developed.

4. Creation of a custom treatment

A personalized cosmetic treatment is designed, consisting of a cream produced according to a specific formula that works on the particular needs of the individual, a microfoliant preparatory cream, a moisturizing supplement and a series of recommendations related to diet and lifestyle.